Saturday, August 25, 2007

One of those days

So yesterday was one of those days where everything was crazy.

It started out with going to the doctor. Victoria needed six shots for Kindergarten. So the kids and I went to the doctor. It was totally packed of course, with mothers who were doing the exact same thing as me. The Friday before school get all the shots done. Now I had no clue she needed six, and I was pretty upset when I didn't have any warning to give her some Tylenol. But she took it like a pro, screaming of course, but who wouldn't with six shots!

Then it was off to my side of the doctors to get blood drawn from me. The kids enjoyed that one. All three curled up in a ball, cringing and biting their nails as if it were them.

Then off to McDonald's to get a little sympathy lunch for Victoria. Healthy or not, it hit the spot perfectly.

Then off to the pet store to purchase some hermit crabs for the kids. Well that didn't go over so well. I had no clue what to get, so we decided to wait for daddy, and you can imagine how well that went over. Dragging three kids out of a store with no pet. Disaster!

Then home to clean. Which I did. Sorta. See I clean all the rooms that people see, in the order that they see them. I clean the front room, the the kitchen, then the bathroom, dinning room, and so on.

Dave came over, a friend of ours, and while he was here (he has no kids) he looked at me as if I was crazy, because he knows I want another. The kids were running around crazy. William who I am trying to potty train, decided to go to the bathroom. Great! Well I got distracted, and realized that he had been missing for a bit. So I go upstairs to the kids' bathroom. And the toilet was totally overflowed. An inch of water all over the floor! I was beyond mad. Not because it was an accident, but because went through this before. I had 20 minutes to clean up all the water, the tiny bits of toilet paper all over the damn floor, and rush out of the house for Julia's piano lessons.

So I clean, say good-bye to Dave, and rush the kids out to the car. Well Julia and Victoria start screaming that a chocolate milkshake spilled all over the car. OK I rush the car to start to attempt to clean it up, and the passenger door is locked and I set off the alarm. Well I can't find my keys! I'm running around like a chicken with her head cut off, and guess where the keys were. In my pocket. I seriously broke down and cried.

Well after that, the day was fairly smooth. I really don't think I could have taken much more anyways.

No comments: