Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Mr. Sandman

Dear Mr. Sandman,

Can you please pay a visit to my kids? They are desperate for sleep. I promise to repay you.

Poor Julia, the growing pains are unbearable. She comes into my room in the middle of the night, standing over my bed whispering until I wake. The fact that she whispers into my ear to wake me, and doesn't grab and shake is very sweet. But it also brings to mind horror movies where someone is standing over you. If that doesn't give your heart a jump, I don't know what will. Her little legs are hurting her, and this is the 4Th night in a row. If you help Julia I promise to not call on you for myself.

Now I realize asking for help for Julia is a tall order. But I have one more problem. That problem being named Will. Little Will, sleep eludes him like no other child. He can only go about three hours before he is screaming for mommy. He doesn't venture downstairs like Julia. Well rather he would, but I cut him off. If I let him make it into my room, there is no turning back and he would be in bed sleeping with me. I'm not sure why he doesn't sleep. No nightmares, no growing pains, just not sleeping. And this is going on....hmmm let me think.....yeah about THREE YEARS. Three years, in 20 minute intervals, starting at 2:00am. Now I am trying to be a patient mommy. But this mommy needs some sleep too. See its not like I can nap during the day, you know work and all. So just a few nights of straight sleep would be wonderful.

I realize you are busy Mr. Sandman, but I need some sleep. Anything you can offer would be wonderful.

Sincerely

One tired Mommy

No comments: