Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Heath Ledger

Heath Ledger passed away last week, as I'm sure most of you know. He was an amazing actor. I enjoyed watching him. He played some amazingly tough rolls and acted as if they came naturally.

Despite the cause of his death, he was one of my favorite actors. And today I'm a little peeved at all the negative media. Someone is posing as his father to get information. There are private videos of him possibly doing drugs that the news is showing. Talk of overdose in the media.

I think its a shame that this persons personal life is dragged through the mud when he isn't even here to defend himself. Can you imagine having every stupid thing you did in your past brought up after you died?

Why can't we just let celebrities who leave this world too soon rest in peace? Why can't they be remembered for the wonderful things they did, instead of the stupid/unfortunate things they did.

1 comment:

Nicole Brady said...

I agree - he was a fantastic actor and I was surprised about how unsettled I was when I heard of his passing.

Agreed, people get too caught up in the negatives of others. While at an event in LA with my infant a few years ago, I saw the infamous Ms. Hilton. Whenever we ran into famous people, we asked to have the infant photographed with them for the child to enjoy when they are old enough to understand. One of the pictures taken while we were asking her to pose shows a very human Ms. Hilton glowing while looking at the baby.

While she's very much alive and Heath Ledger not, my point is that people like to find the worst in famous people and draw it to the surface whenever possible. It's just sad.