Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Why is it so hard?

Exercise that is. I have the hardest time motivating myself. I have been a memeber of my local gym for about 4 years. I've gone maybe 30 times. My dad who lives next door has a personal gym in his garage. And yet, I still have to literally drag my butt over there to work out.

Once I start the workout though, I'm fine. I get into the groove, singing to my music, and can finish just fine. Its just getting started.

I do have a goal though, and you would think that would help motivate me. It doesn't. But it should. I'm going to Vegas in January with Brian for 2 nights and three glorious days. Childfree might I add. I'm so excited. Brian and I haven't been away from the kids for a full 24 hours let alone 2 days in 4 years!

Vegas however is full of nightclubs, and scantly clad women. No I don't feel I have to compete with them. But it would be nice to be in the same class. I want to buy some new jeans, expensive jeans, but I'm not going to splurge on them until the last minute. I am also in a wedding in March, with a very form fitting dress.

So if I can just get my butt in gear, workout 2-3 times a week for the next 8 weeks I should tone up and be nice and firm right?

I doesn't matter what I eat during that 8 weeks does it?

1 comment:

Nicole Brady said...

Chocolate is calorie-free during the holidays. It's the Kahlua that does me in! Oh, and the chex mix. I'm happy to just not GAIN during the holidays let alone lose!

Hope you're able to get yourself motivated!