Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm almost a week late on this. But who cares. Not I at the moment! I hope you all had a wonderful, eventful thanksgiving. Mine wasn't so bad. The family was good, the extended family was OK, the kids were crazy as usual.

This year we spent Thanksgiving with my husbands family. I love them all so very much. Seriously. I get along great with my in laws. The only thing that ruined my day a little was the talk of Christmas.

See with both of our families relatively close we try to do every other holiday. Last year Brian and I discussed hosting Christmas at our house. I agreed. However little did I know I was agreeing to every year of hosting. Not a big deal to be honest, except what about when its my side of the family? They won't come. They have a tradition. I enjoyed that tradition until I got married. Then I fight about the tradition every year.

Brian doesn't like to leave the house on Christmas. He doesn't like to bus the kids around and pull them away from their toys. He doesn't like to drive for 45 minutes to sit at someone else's house.

Me on the other hand. Love it. I have always loved it.

So we are at a crossroads. He wants to stay, I want to go. His parents think we are hosting Christmas, my parents think we are traveling with them.

How do we fix this? I have no freaking clue.

Bah Hum Bug

1 comment:

Irie said...

When I got married my mom told me to make my own traditions with my husband. We've worked it out that if anyone wants to see us then they need to stop by our home. His family lives 2 hours away and mine is 4 minutes away. It's just too hard to see all of them on Christmas.