Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Two years in the making

My son, William is going to be 5 on April 20th. For two years I have been working on a pirate quilt for him. His sisters each have one, and he wants his own. This weekend I went on a quilt retreat with my Mother-in-laws store, Prairie Queens Quilt Shop. We had a great time and I actually got a bunch done!

My goal is to finish it by his birthday this year, which means I really need to get on it!

Part of the reason it is taking my so long, I decided to do a compass as the center of the quilt. A compass that requires paper piecing. Which I have never done before. And I like my points to match, which is a big deal in this type of quilt.

The borders aren't done yet. And the top needs some work, I don't want such a big space between the borders and the compass. But anyways, this is my way of encouraging myself to finish this quilt. I will update regularly.





1 comment:

angie said...

That is beautiful!!!